Most infected people with coronavirus possibly will have a mild or no illness which can be healed at home without having to quarantine at hospital.
But, who actually should do self-quarantine when you think that you have coronavirus?To date, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advise many to do self-quarantining only if you have reason to believe that you have been exposed to the virus.
The risks of medium or high are person who had exposed to COVID-19 patients supposed to do self-quarantine whenever you are:
• You are living with the person who have coronavirus,
• having intimate with the person who have coronavirus,
• taking care of someone who has the symptoms COVID-19,
• If you did not follow and don’t know the recommended precautionary steps in order to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus and have physical contact with person who have symptoms of COVID-19.
But if you are feeling healthy and didn’t experience any of the symptoms, and did not have above mentioned risk, then you don't have to do self-quarantine. Even though you are not required to do self-quarantine, you should also not going outside running around, where at best is that you should ensure to continue the practice of social distancing and keep track yourself for any appealing signs and symptoms such as fever and cough known to be the symptoms of coronavirus.
Aware that virus will need from 2 to 14 days for symptoms of COVID-19 to appear, and that is what makes you transmitting the virus especially in this pre-symptomatic period without yourself even notice. Evidence had shown that the infected person that are having no symptoms but can still carry and spreading the virus. Thus, it is very crucial for you to ensure wearing a mouth mask covering as soon as you are stepping out of your home, even when you don’t feel having any sickness.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?COVID-19 symptoms comprised of diseases actually caused by coronavirus that includes:
- Having fever at temperature level more than 37.8°C or having skin that feels hot.
- Suddenly having a new continuous cough.
- Lack of breath and having breathing difficulty.
- Feeling Tiredness or Fatigue.
- Sore throat.
- Pains and aches.
When should i start seeking medical help if symptoms of COVID-19 prolong?Whenever you experience a fever or suddenly having a new continuous cough, then you should right away begin to self-isolate immediately. In case you are worrying, if you are having a mild illness, you actually don’t need to seek for medical attention, but if you should seek or call medical attention whenever you feel like:
- Cannot deal with the symptoms at home.
- Worsening of sickness condition.
- Having fever temperature that will not decrease or fever with other symptoms appearing after a week.
- Not able to person everyday tasks includes looking at your phone, reading or waking up of bed.
How to looking after yourself at home (self-quarantine)?If you have colds and flu, take care of yourself is very important for your recovery by getting:
- Plentiful of hydration by drinking sufficient amount of water to have a pale of clear pee colour. Do not drink alcohol because that will makes you dehydrated.
- Rest sufficiently by isolating yourself at home if you experience the symptoms of coronavirus and do not do any active activity when you are not feeling well.
- Get the over-the-counter medicines to heal the symptoms such as mild fever, cold and cough.
What Medication Will You Be Needed to Fight COVID-19?Although at this time there is still no vaccine against the coronavirus or cure for COVID-19, but the treatment is focus to manage and treat the symptoms until you are recovered.
Majority person who have mild infection or no symptoms, should be treated at home by doing self-quarantine for at least 2 week until you have recovered because symptoms will reveal within this period.
1 out of 5 infected with COVID-19 required to have hospital attention while patient with severe infection need oxygen to deal with respiratory symptoms. As for patient who face critical infections, requiring ventilation support from hospital. Patient with higher chance of becoming severe or critical infections usually are older individuals and also individual who have health conditions.
Prescription of Painkillers for COVID-19?Harmful virus including flu and common cold, were usually prescript with simple painkillers such as paracetamol and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory known commercially as ibuprofen.
Individuals were also advised and can take paracetamol or ibuprofen when are doing self-medicating for reducing the symptoms of fever and headache of COVID-19. But if symptoms are worsening, get medical attention from hospital immediately.
Few COVID-19 Symptoms To Aware.Flu and Colds
The usual ways of treatment and medication you are using can also treat colds and flu of symptoms of coronavirus.
Cough TreatmentCough medicines or suppressants were able to help you reduce your cough, that also includes the help of lozenges and remedies for shooting sore throat by utilizing natural ingredients of honey and lemon, and stays hydrated helps too.
AntibioticsYou are not advised to take antibiotics simply if you found it left around your medicine kit. By using antibiotics will not help or treat from corona-virus, so make sure to not antibiotics without prescription of doctors.
Disinfectant SprayWith the labelled of antiviral for some kind of disinfectant or sanitizers alcohol level more than 60% are effected in killing the virus on your hand. However there are some cleaning product are not effective in removing the virus on surfaces or your hands.
Traditional TreatmentsMore and more rumor of spreading natural and herbal remedies was found on the internet and in health stores. However, there are no remedies or treatments that can cure COVID-19 specifically, so be aware to not believe any rumors that could be fake treatments of some people are trying to sell. Natural ingredients that we are consuming should be more concerning such as improving our immune system through eating more varieties of foods does protect our body and not to get sick easily.
When should you call for medical attention due to COVID-19?Whenever your feel that your illness is worsening or symptoms you are having have not recovered after 7 days, quickly seek for medical attention immediately.
- If it is not an emergency, you can contact your local National Health Service online.
- If you don’t have access to internet, call 111 as soon as possible.
- If for emergency matters where you need an ambulance, immediately dial 999 and inform the operator that you have coronavirus.
All government on worldwide are announcing the new procedures in preventing people from leaving their homes for non-essential matters, getting medical care of all kinds still being prioritized.
Keep in mind that you should not see your general practitioner or pharmacist when you think you might have coronavirus due to spreading or transmitting virus is very dangerous for the public, so follow above steps to do self-isolation or call 999 for emergency medical cases.
All individuals having their routine of medical or dental appointments that was booked previously should automatically cancel despite the fact that you are sick and at home. If you were asked to attend any medical appointment during isolation and have the concerns, please forward yourself to call the practitioner or hospital at first.