In this fourth month of pregnancy, for pregnant women who experience the common side-effects like morning sickness, headaches and mood swings during the past month will disappeared.
Because of that, you may not experience the weird food craving as you are entering into this 2nd trimester.
Thus you may experience the common food cravings in this 2nd trimester, can also be regarded as the most comfortable terms among all the 3 trimesters.
For the reason that your baby develops the most in this period & increases in blood volume, so ensure that your baby are supplied with nourishment from the nutrients absorbed by your blood.
From now on, your diet in this fourth month of pregnancy shall pack with nutrients that are needed for your baby’s healthy development and growth.
What Important Foods to Include in your 4th Month of Pregnancy Diet?
1. Rich In Iron Nutrient Foods.Especially in this 4th month, your blood volume that increases definitely needs to supplied with rich iron foods in order to fulfill the higher level of iron requirement.
Such rich iron foods are known as cooked beef meat, fish, tofu, liver, soybeans, brown rice, mix nuts, seeds, spinach, kale, dried fruits, and also cooked eggs.
2. Foods High in Fiber.Pregnant mom will experience slowing down of digestion due to hormone progesterone especially in this 4th month of pregnancy.
Since your growing uterus increase in size to accommodate your growing baby, constipation that happens are said to be common at this stage.
So, in order to prevent from constipation and stimulate smooth and regular bowel movements, the foods containing rich fiber should be consumed.
You are advised to eat more oatmeal, bran, barley, flaxseeds, chia seeds, almonds, pecans, and pistachios.
Fiber vegetables also recommended such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, sweet corn, artichokes, and green peas, and raspberries, strawberries, figs, apples, bananas, and pears.
3. High Calcium Foods.In order to promote the formation and growth of strong bones in your baby, foods that are rich in calcium should be consumed such as kale, milk, yoghurt, hard cheese, sardines, watercress, broccoli, okra, and also almonds.
4. Foods Rich in Zinc.Zinc mineral is an important compound required by your body to build proteins, develop healthy nervous system and immune system.
Foods rich in zinc normally found in cooked (oysters, chicken, lamb & beef), also found in spinach, wheat germ, mushrooms, pumpkin, squash seeds, nuts, and beans.
5. Sufficient Amount Of Vitamin-C..Vitamin-C is also important nutrients required for absorption of iron in the body.
Vitamin-C can be found easily in oranges, guava, green and red peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, and leafy greens.
6. Packs With Omega Fatty Acids Foods.Omega-3 fatty acids are very important nutrients especially help to promote healthy growth of eye, brain, heart health, and proper reproductive system function, also healthier skin, hair and bone development.
So, eat foods for omega fatty acids from salmon, sardines, soybeans, walnuts, almonds, chia seeds and flax seeds.
7. Eat More Fresh Vegetables and Fruits.You should mix at least 5 portions of fresh vegetables and fruits per day in order to absorb the highest level of nutrients instead of frozen foods.
At best is to include fresh vegetables mix with fruits especially in the form of salad for healthier and greater nutrients.
8. Important Growing Foods like Proteins and Carbohydrates.You need the importance of protein mineral for building muscles, tissues, and DNA while carbohydrates served your body as energy supply.
Remember to add sufficient amounts of proteins and starchy carbohydrates into your diet.
You should consume proteins such as lean chicken meat, legumes, lentils, nuts, seeds, nut butter, meat, quinoa and soybeans. Also include carbohydrates like potatoes, rice, pasta and whole wheat bread.
9. Rich in Folates Foods.Folate nutrients compound can helps to reduce the risk of neural tube defects in pregnancy.
So eat rich folate foods such as asparagus, spinach, broccoli, oranges, bananas and strawberries, chickpeas, dried beans, lentils, walnuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, flax seeds, almonds and also cereals.
You are also normally provided with folate supplement by doctor & it is a good way to ensure sufficient folate daily intake.
There are some foods which may harm your baby if eaten during pregnancy, so you should also refer the video in the playlist at the end of this video.
Diet Tips To Follow For The Fourth Month Pregnancy.
Pregnant mom need to drink plenty of water or averagely around 2.3 liters of water per day.
Flax seeds can be easily added into your salads, oatmeal & yogurt by just sprinkled on top for great dietary fibre and healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Any foods required proper cleaning, but including fresh fruits and vegetables are also required to wash thoroughly in order to remove germs, soil and pesticide residues.
It is perfectly natural and healthy to gain weight during pregnancy.
A person's weight increases due to a higher blood volume in the body, the presence of amniotic fluid, and the baby's weight.
Your body needs 300 extra calories each day during this 2nd and later 3rd trimester to manage this weight gain.
If you gain more weight than suggested, that can increases risk of complications such as high blood pressure affecting heart health, or a larger baby may require cesarean delivery surgery.
Even though this is a comfortable 4th month of pregnancy, but you also need to do light regular exercise, keep eating healthy food, stay calm and stress free at this period in order to ensure your baby is growing healthily.
Also be sure to consult your doctor to seek advice before making any huge list of changes in your diet.