During the 3rd month of pregnancy (9-12 weeks), it can be a very difficult time for expecting mom to experience the symptoms such as morning sickness, fatigue and mood swings that can happened any time.
Especially at this time where the most miscarriages were reported, this is why it is very important for expecting mom to remain stress-free.
It’s even much important for expecting mom to consume nutritious food to make sure the growth and development of healthy baby.
It is also very crucial towards the healthiness of the foetus by ensuring the appropriate diet intake during the 3rd month of pregnancy.
In This 3rd Month of Pregnancy Diet, What Foods Pregnant Women Must Eat?
1. Rich in Vitamin B6 Foods.You can experience morning sickness at peak especially during the 9th week of pregnancy, but will be lessening at the end of week 12.
This is why when you get enough Vitamin B6, it will helps you to fight against nausea and vomiting.
You can obtain the nutrients of vitamin B6-rich from foods such as lean meats, poultry, eggs, citrus fruits, legumes, soybeans, nuts, seeds, and avocados.
2. Foods Rich in Folic Acid.Folate or folic acid was very crucial for the appropriate healthy growth of your baby’s brain and also the spinal cord.
You pregnancy doctor will prescript you with folic acid supplements, but it is also great to include the natural supply of natural rich folic acid foods in your diet.
The folic acid rich foods are broccoli, citrus fruits, beans, peas, lentils, avocado, brussels sprouts, okra, asparagus, spinach and kale.
3. Rich in Omega-3 Foods.This fatty acid of Omega-3 is a very necessary nutrient that to promote the healthy development of eyes and brain in your baby.
Include these Omega-3 fatty acids foods like, soybeans, canola oil, walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, salmon, mackerel, sardines, and wild rice.
4. Fruits That Are Fresh.You can obtain the wide-ranging nutrients and antioxidants from fresh fruits which are essential for your baby’s healthy development and growth.
You should eat fresh fruits because the sources of nutrients are greater than fruit juices and canned or frozen fruit.
So, you should eat muskmelon, avocados, pomegranate, bananas, guava, oranges, sweet limes, strawberries, and apples in your diet.
5. Eat More Coloured Vegetables.In this 3rd month of pregnancy, you should at least consume 3 cups of vegetables in a day.
Mix variety of coloured vegetables to ensure you get wide range of nutrients and tastes.
The must not missed coloured vegetables are kale, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, pumpkin, bell peppers, corn, eggplant, and cabbage.
6. Carbohydrates.Carbohydrates provide the energy source for our body.
Complex carbohydrates are source of energy production in our body, so you can get them from whole grains, legumes, and starchy vegetables such as potatoes and sweet potatoes which slowly break-down and metabolise in out body.
This is because they will provide the steady amounts of energy.
Fruits and vegetables are also the natural simple source of carbohydrates sources, yet found good fibre to easy constipation of common pregnant problems.
You should though avoid simple carbs consumed from processed foods such as the refined flour, cookies, and cakes because they are known as empty calories with no nutrients.
7. Proteins.Your pregnant body and baby’s healthy development requires important protein nutrients for building blocks of DNA, tissue, and muscles also crucial for enzymes producing in your body.
You can enjoy protein nutrients from legumes, quinoa, seeds, lentils, chicken, nuts, nut butter, meat, and soybeans.
8. Dairy Products.It is known as the calcium excellent supply served as a very essential nutrient to promote growth and formation of healthy strong bones.
The obvious example of calcium sources are milks, yoghurt, and hard cheeses.
But for those who are allergic to dairy, you can get calcium as well from foods like kale, watercress, and sardines.
9. Vitamin D.Is known to strengthen your pregnant body’s immune system, for healthy teeth and bone growth and formation, and also provide healthy cell division in your baby.
This is why you should get rich D vitamin from foods such as fatty fishes salmon, mackerel and tuna, egg yolk, cod liver oil, and also from vitamin D fortified cereals or milks.
10. Zinc Mineral.It is very important mineral that assist the proteins for building blocks of new cells especially the necessities of accelerated cell growth during the development of your foetus.
You can get rich zinc foods from cooked beef, spinach, wheat germ, mushrooms, oysters, cooked lamb, pumpkin and squash seeds, chicken, nuts, and beans.
Here Are The Simplified 3rd Month Pregnancy Diet Tips.• Make sure to keep your body hydrated drink by drinking plenty sufficient water.
• Include at least 5 portions or servings of fruits and vegetables per day in your diet.
• You should consume 5 to 6 healthy yet small meals daily instead of congested large meal of 3 as usual.
• You must begin to avoid from habits of alcohol, tobacco and drugs which are bad cause of serious birth defects and growth problem in your baby.
• You must take your doctor prescribed nutritional supplements.
• Avoid big transformation of your diet without consulting with your doctor first.
Follow these diet tips in order to supply your body with the necessities nutrition and promote healthy growth and development of your baby and your body.
There are foods you also required to avoid during the 3rd month of pregnancy, so check out the playlist in the end of this video.