Having a sore throat is known as one of the winter season’s common health problems. As soon as the season changes, your throat may start to begin getting more sore and itchy.
The sign of pain of sore throat is feeling the scratchiness or irritation in your throat that often get worse when you swallow as simple as just liquid.
Major common factor of a sore throat is going to be a viral infection, simple to is most of the time during or after a cold or the flu.
The solution for sore throat at most cases is by drinking cough syrups medication, some ginger tea and consuming the right foods can heals your sore throat.
But, there are certain foods that you must avoid in order to not make your sore throat worsen.
Here Are Foods To Avoid That Can Worsen Sore Throat.
1. Avoid Eating Sour Food.Sour foods can just be bad if not worse to increase your pain and scratchiness in the throat.
Some of the sour products which we commonly eat or drink are lemonade and limes.
2. Milk and Mucus.Some people complain that when they drink milk or other dairy products, their throat feels coated and causing mucus to get thicker and harder to swallow.
3. Avoid Spicy Foods.Spicy food can sometime also become a reason for sore throat.
Some people can be easily affected, but there are some does not even get affected, so avoid it if you initially get sore throat from spicy foods.
4. Avoid Foods That Are Difficult To Swallow.Some dry foods such as chips, peanuts, dried fruits, popcorn & dried out cereals.
These foods further when goes into the throat becomes scratchy, irritates your throat and ultimately causing more cough. Ensure these foods to be avoided or soften before consumed.
5. Avoid Fried Foods.Since fried foods are generally crispy, crunchy and hardness sometime makes it so difficult to swallow.
Moreover when any crunchy thing you eat goes through your throat, it irritates you even more.
6. Products Containing Caffeine.Avoid caffeine from coffee and carbonated soda drinks since they are very harmful during sore throat since they contain diuretic effect, cause more urination.
More urination means that you are dehydrating and can dry your body fluid thus worsening sore throat.
You may have sore throat now and found out difficulty in swallowing food and liquids.
Luckily, Here Are The Best Home Remedies To Cure and Relieve Sore Throat Pain And Irritation.
1. Drink Honey Tea.By drinking honey or mixed in tea is a common effective remedy for a sore throat and also an effective night time cough suppressants.
Honey is an effective wound healer, this means that can help speed up healing process for sore throats.
2. Salt Water Gargle.Gargling with warm salt water for 1 minutes and spit out can help soothe a sore throat and break down mucus secretion by removing bacteria in the throat.
Add half teaspoon of salt in a full glass of warm water. Then gargle it to reduce swelling and keep the throat clean. Do this every 3 hours or so.
3. Chamomile Tea.Chamomile tea is naturally soothing & used for medicinal purposes especially for a sore throat thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and astringent properties.
Just by drinking chamomile tea, it can stimulate the immune system to help your body fight off the infection that caused your sore throat in the first place.
4. Peppermint Tea.Peppermint Tea contains menthol that helps thinning mucus and calm sore throats and also coughs.
Peppermint also has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, which may encourage healing from throat inflammation.
5. Baking Soda Gargle.Gargling the saltwater is getting more often been used, however if you have baking soda to be added into salt water, that can even help to relieve a sore throat faster.
By gargling with this solution, it can kill bacteria and prevent the growth of yeast and fungi in your throat or system.
Recommend using the rinse for every 3 hours as needed gargling and gently swishing a combination of 1 cup warm water, 1 quarter teaspoon baking soda & 1 small pinch of salt.
6. Garlic Water.Garlic has natural antibacterial properties know from its contain of allicin, an organosulfer compound that has the ability to fight off infections.
Adding fresh chopped garlic into warm water is great ways to drink the antimicrobial properties. You can also suck on a clove of garlic to sooth a sore throat.
7. Drink More Water.A lot of people mistaken by consider coffee, carbonated soda and juice as water, but their added ingredients can worsen sore throat.
So just by drinking a lot of warm water to allows soothing and relieving sore throat since its mucus thinning effects work well on the throat.
8. Eat Ripe Papaya To Cure Anti-Inflammation Of Sore Throat.With its anti-inflammatory effects, papain can be helpful in healing burns and cold sores.
Because papain helps to reduce swelling and thin mucous, papaya may lessen symptoms of colds and flu by reducing the pain of sinus and sore throat, also boost your immune system.
9. Ginger Tea.Though it has a spicy flavour, grate just some ginger root in a warm cup of tea and serve to works as best effective sore-throat remedy.
Ginger properties will expel all the bad toxins from your body and improve blood circulation, also with its important element of anti-inflammatory can destroy bacteria.