2nd Month Of Healthy Pregnancy Diet, Which Foods To Eat And Avoid?
The 2nd month is the beginning of weeks 5 pregnancy. So, a very congratulation to you and the beginning joys of motherhood is approaching.
There are still many women who tend to not realize that they are pregnant even past the 1st month of pregnancy.
At this time, the nutrition that you need plays the most important things in order to keep your baby growth healthily.
The harder part is during this 2nd month of pregnancy, some pregnant mom may suffer from morning sickness and that can turns out to cause you losing your appetite.
But for the healthy safeguard to your baby, you must persist to eat foods properly because in the 2nd month of pregnancy diet is very, very important.
This is the time when you baby’s neural tube begins forming and later develops into your baby’s brain, spinal cord and nerves.
All includes your baby’s circulatory system and heart beat will now begin to develop in this 2nd month of pregnancy, so the diet in this 2nd month is extremely important.
Here Are The Most Important Nutrients That Show What Should You Eat During 2nd Month Of Pregnancy?.
1. Folic Acid.This important vitamin-B, also known as folic acid or folate is a very important vitamin nutrient to consume in the early weeks of pregnancy.
Folic acid will helps to promote the normal healthy growth of your baby’s neural tube. This helps to prevent from the risk of neural tube defects or born preterm.
You should consume enough folic acid at about 400mcg at daily requirements especially during the 2nd month of pregnancy.
The foods high in folic acid are spinach, fortified cereals and pinto, lima, kidney beans, green peas and black-eyed peas.
2. Iron Nutrient.During this 2nd month, your pregnant body and baby need more support. So consume 27 mg of iron daily from the time you become aware you are pregnant.
This is why you should get enough iron from your diet, this helps to prevent from getting the tired feeling all the time and also prevent from anemia, or lack of red blood cells haemoglobin.
You can obtain iron nutrient from food like cooked eggs yolk, spinach, cook lean meat, and dried apricots and prunes, but that amount is not enough.
This is why you should also consume with iron supplements while consulting with your obstetrician especially at this 2nd month.
3. Calcium.In this month, your baby’s bones was developing and hardening which must requires enough calcium, so you should eat 1,000 mg of calcium daily.
You can easily get calcium from food supply such as the dairy products (ensure they are pasteurized) and leafy green vegetables.
4. Protein.Majority pregnant women being told that nutrient of protein are only necessary during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, which is basically incorrect.
Correct is that you must begin to eat extra protein at the moment when you realize that you are pregnant.
With the sufficient supply of protein, that will improve appropriate supply of blood to your baby and also support the healthy and normal development of muscles in your baby.
You should consume protein at 75g to 100g on daily basis. Eat your protein with amino acid from low-fat cottage cheese, white-meat poultry, cook eggs and fish meat that are low in mercury.
You can also eat beans and legumes high in protein include soybeans, lentils, white beans, cranberry beans, split peas, pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, navy beans, and limas.
Your 2nd Month Of Pregnancy Diet.During this time, you must begin to look into eating more fresh food such as fresh vegetables and fruits. Though, you should avoid eating frozen foods.
You must ensure to eat lots of protein to support your baby’s muscles develop. As well, you should raise your calorie intake by eating more starchy food instead of non-nutritional and fattening sugary foods.
Since starchy foods are great important source of energy, also with vitamins and fibre, thus it helps you to fill your tummy up without containing too many calories.
This is why you should eat foods such as bread, potatoes, breakfast cereals, rice, pasta, noodles, maize, millet, oats, yams and cornmeal.
For those pregnant moms who experience with morning sickness during your 2nd month of pregnancy, you can try drink ginger ale which made from natural real ginger root, or chamomile tea. Also, drink more water helps too.
So, Which Foods You Should Avoid?Many pregnant women are so focused on eating the right to support their baby’s healthy development, but they often forget there are some foods that should be avoided during pregnancy.
Follow This List Of Foods That You Should Avoid During Your Pregnancy.
1. Meat Spreads.The type of unpasteurized meat spreads or pate may contain Listeria, which can adversely affect the growth of your baby.
It’s very important to not eat the refrigerated pates or meat spreads, since they contain high likelihood of Listeria bacterial infection.
2. Soft Cheese.The type of cheese such as Brie, Roquefort and Camembert must not be eaten during the 2nd month of pregnancy, since the bacteria called, E. coli will put you and your baby at risk infection.
3. Liver.Pregnant mom will need to increase their iron requirement, you may think of eating liver like you usually do, but this is the food you should keep away now, reason is that it contains retinol which can leads to miscarriage.
4. Unpasteurized Milk.For the milk which is raw is not being pasteurized, you must not drink it.
Unpasteurized milk can contain microorganisms and pathogens that put your health at risk. Also, it can contain salmonella and other harmful bacteria risk to your baby.
5. Alcohol.If you are alcohol drinker or occasionally will drink it, avoid it from today onward.
Too much drinker of alcohol in pregnancy may leads to miscarriage, stillbirth, physical, behavioural and intellectual disabilities.
6. Raw Eggs.If you found out eggs that are raw or slightly cooked, raw batter, filling, eggnog, homemade dressing sauce, mousse, meringue and tiramisu.
You must avoid these egg ingredients foods especially during the second month of pregnancy, because it can put you at risk of salmonella infection that is proven to be dangerous your baby.
7. Processed Meats.You should avoid from all types of processed meats, including luncheon meat and salami, as they are refrigerated and may susceptible to pathogens.
No matter what meat you want to eat, remember you must cook it well in order to kill all bacteria and other harmful microorganisms that are risky for your pregnant.
8. Raw Fish.You may crave for foods such as sushi and peeled seafood, such as crabs, lobsters and shrimp. Avoid the raw fish can contain potentially harmful parasites and pathogens, so pick cooked fish next time.
Even if you are looking to eat cooked fish, you must eat fish where you are certain that the mercury levels are low, especially cooked salmon, tilapia, shrimp, canned light tuna, cod, and catfish.
9. Stuffed Turkey.Stuffed turkey and other poultry which have not been cooked until 180 degree Fahrenheit should be avoided during 2nd month of pregnancy.
The juices of the raw meat can cause proliferation (spreading) of bacteria and you may risk infection and also threaten the well-being of your baby.
Since the inside of a stuffed turkey doesn't get hot enough while cooking, harmful bacteria may exist in the stuffed turkey dish if not cooked at appropriate temperate, including how well the stuffing inside was cooked.
10. Cookie Dough.If you love to bake pastry, you might have the habit of tasting your cookie dough before you put it into oven for baking.
So, stop from this habit because the uncooked cookie dough can contains raw eggs and this can means that you are exposing your baby and yourself to the risk of food poisoning of salmonella infection.
You should be keeping an extra close watch on what you eat especially during this early stages of pregnancy.