You should be surprise that you belly is now getting more obvious, thus you should also begin to sleep on your side instead of your back.
The reason is that your baby and your uterus is now getting big enough to press against large veins in the back of your abdomen, which can actually cause to lower the blood flow going to your heart, affecting you to feel lightheaded or at worst case lowering of your blood pressure.
Even though this could sound a little frightening, however is still avoidable as long as you keep sleeping on your side best during pregnancy.
In this week 18 pregnancy, there are many things going on, so ensure that you plan some time for you to take a break and stay calm and relax, have a lovely night date with your partner or get prenatal massage.
Here Are The Week 18 Pregnant Symptoms To Aware Of.
1. Swollen Feet or Hands.Swelling of either your feet or hand could be a quite frustrating symptom especially during, you can ease them by placing them at a height to drain out excess fluids.
But, there is nothing to worry about as long as the swelling isn't appeared suddenly or severely, if so immediately inform your doctor.
2. Backaches.Your baby fetus is now growing and gaining weight, thus definitely will put a lot of pressure on your insides, leadings to back aches and pains.
3. Leg Cramps.If you happened to experience leg cramps, it appears to be a sign of dehydration, therefore you should drink plenty of water during pregnancy.
4. Varicose Veins.Some pregnant women may experience visible purple or blue veins that are swollen veins due to the extra pressure on your circulatory system.
In order to cope with that, you should change positions often, elevate your leg higher up whenever possible, do more light exercise, and avoid wearing tight clothing and shoes.
5. Difficult To Sleep.Your mind automatically thinks and used up more during pregnancy, thus you may feel more and more uncomfortable which can mess up the sleeping time you desired for.
6. Nose bleeding.Due to increased circulation and pressure on the veins in your body as well as nose can be being affected to bleed more than usual.
If you happen to experience nose bleed, pinching your nose with some pressure for as long as 5 to 10 minutes, using an ice pack can also help stop the bleeding.
7. Baby Kicks.In this week 18 pregnancy, you probably feeling not just tiny flutters yet may experience more stronger feeling of actual kicks.
Week 18 Pregnant Belly Growth.Your pregnant week 18 belly is very fast with all the stretching and pressure can cause you to experience those symptoms.
You are advice to gain weight at weeks 18 pregnancy single or twin’s baby for about 1 to 2 pounds per week for women of normal BMI.
You should inform your doctor if you have any concerns related your weight gain, any fast or sudden weight gain or weight loss also known as sign of problem happening.
Even though this week 18 most pregnant women and their uterus will grow up and out of their pelvis, but some women may have more visible belly bum at slightly later time.
How Big Is Baby at 18 Weeks? At 18 weeks pregnant, baby is about the size of bell pepper, measuring at the length of about 5.6 inches (14.2cm) and weighing at about 6.7 ounces (190g) and also can expect to get growing very fast.
Your Weeks 18 Baby Fetus Ultrasound.In this week 18, your baby is trying to practice using the muscles by doing all sorts of movements.
Much more to be expected, is of course practice doing twisting, rolling, punching, and kicking, since was big enough that you are even now being able to feel it.
Your baby can also perform yawning, hiccupping, sucking, and swallowing.
The ears are in their final position and stand out from her head.
The little eyebrows also expect starting to appear and can twitch the muscles around her closed eyes.
Good news for week 18 to 21, you can expect to look more into your fetus with the “mid-pregnancy ultrasound” also known as anatomy scan or level-two ultrasound, was known as a detailed kind of examination of baby’s entire body.
During the anomaly scan, a sonographer will assess your baby's growth and development in detail, your fetus be measured to ensure its growth is on track of pregnancy guideline.
The major organs also will be examined to ensure developing healthily, such as amniotic fluid, placenta location, and fetal heart rate also will be checked.
If you want to find out about your baby’s gender, you can ask to determine whether a girl or a boy according to the scan by observing the reproduction organ.
Healthy Pregnancy Care Tips.If it's been a while since you’ve seen a dentist, schedule a routine dental care during your second trimester to ensure preventing from pregnancy hormone causing irritated, bleeding gums.
However, make sure to tell your doctor you are pregnant and prevent from Dental X-rays during pregnancy.
You can also begin to plan for your baby’s birth, such as taking childbirth classes, so contact your healthcare provider or the hospital where you plan to deliver to see what is available.
A childbirth class assist you to prepare for labor and delivery and teaches you about pain relief and what steps will occur in an emergency.
Also ensure to keep your weight gain at a healthy level, thus you should continue eating more nutritious diet including rich foods in folic acid, calcium and iron.
You Should Call Your Doctor If Any Of The Following Symptoms Occur in This 2nd Trimester.• Vaginal bleeding.
• Increased vaginal discharge or discharge with odor.
• Fever or chills.
• Urination pain.
• Medium to severe pelvic cramping or lower abdominal pain.
• Sudden and quick swelling of your ankles, face, or hands, and quick gaining a lot of weight quickly could be early sign of preeclampsia.
These are the serious pregnancy complication that requires early medical attention.
Thus, in this week 18, you are almost halfway through your pregnancy.
So, you can expect that in the upcoming weeks, your belly will continue to grow.