Congratulations that now you are at week 16 pregnancy, where things are getting pretty excited.
There is going to be a prenatal visit this week, which you will be able to listen to your baby’s heartbeat again.
What’s more exciting is that you will be feeling your baby’s kick, started to happen this week, so make sure you pay attention to that in this week 16 pregnant belly.
Since last week, you baby is starting to hear your voice and will also recognize it at birth, thus is why you should feel free to chat with your baby at any chance or time you have.
Your Baby Size In This Week 16 Pregnant?In week 16 pregnancy, baby fetus is now the size of an avocado, and was measured at length of 4.6 inches (12cm) long and weighing in at 3.5 ounces (100 grams).
16 Weeks Pregnant Is How Many Months? Your pregnancy at week 16 is 3 months and 3 weeks of pregnant.
Some of this week’s symptoms are actually good where some expecting mom find out their hair and nails had grown faster, thicker & shinier hair, and skin gets glowing.
HERE ARE THE WEEK 16 PREGNANT SYMPTOMS.
1. Backaches.Your aching back is happening because of the pregnancy hormone’s side effect.
The solution is that you can perform light exercise such as sit and stand up straight and perform stretching your body regularly to ease backaches.
2. Breast Size Increment.Increase in several cup sizes by now and that also means your pairs should be completely make ready for breastfeeding by the end of the second trimester.
3. Forgetfulness.Pregnancy brain means getting forgetful, which could be biological or just because from the result of having a lot of stuff going in your mind about during and after pregnancy.
4. Dry, itchy, sensitive eyes.Due to the fluctuation of hormones cause, your eyes could be getting sensitive, dry and itchy.
So you should ease the symptoms by using eye drops, but ensure to consult your obstetrician before choosing one because they have different chemical make-ups just in case could harm pregnancy.
5. Pregnancy Glow.Increasingly active hormones makes blood flow is circulated all over your body which benefits your skin looks shinier and brighter.
6. Constipation.It is a common issue faced by pregnant women, so be sure to eat high-fiber foods such as fresh fruits & vegetables, beans, almonds, bran cereals, and whole grains foods.
Avoid foods that can worsen constipation such as high-fat and low-fiber foods like the processed meats and cheese.
7. Heartburn.Be careful to limit the foods that trigger heartburn such as spicy or fried foods.
8. Nosebleeds.You may experience irregular harmless nosebleed or bleeding gums due to extra blood flow in your body leading to tiny blood vessels rupture.
If you decided to take any medications for any health issues of congestion, digestion troubles, or etc., ensure to ask your doctor.
During your prenatal appointment, remember to tell your doctor about any other symptoms you’re experiencing to get appropriate treatment as advised.
For pregnancy with twins, your symptoms will not be different than previous state symptoms.
You definitely required updating your doctor regarding to all your experience symptoms, since twins pregnancy is considered at higher risk so that your doctor can keep close hints or feedback about you and your babies.
16 WEEKS PREGNANT BELLY.You may get some moves that could feel like gas or a muscle twitch, but over time you will feel you baby’s movement as they are getting bigger around week 25.
For twins, you will not feel kicks too earlier than a singleton expecting mom, however you definitely get more kicking feedback as they are bigger.
PREGNANT ULTRASOUND.This is the week where baby can start listening to your voice, since the tiny bones in the ears is forming. Your fetus is face that has both eyebrows and eyelashes but a skinny looker, since there's no baby fat yet. Baby may be able to make sucking thumb motions.
Baby’s circulatory system is now starting to run & heart can pump around 25 quarts of blood per day.
Studies have found that babies who hear a song while inside the womb makes them recognize the same tune when the song played to them after they’re born.
This few week probably is your prenatal visit around 4th month.
As usual, obstetrician will be checking your urine test for signs of gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.
You may have a 16 weeks pregnant ultrasound at your appointment too.
Great news is that once your obstetrician monitored a normal 16 weeks pregnant ultrasound, your chance of miscarriage drops to only 1%.
If you follow a healthy diet, you should know more about gaining appropriate weight in this trimester, just refer to the diet tips in the playlist at the end of this page.
When To Call Your Doctor For Help?If you felt your baby movement on a regular basis, yet after that you had not felt any movement for at least 12 hours, then call your doctor.
This could be just you probably didn’t notice your baby’s movement, but it’s always to be safely confirm.
If you have not yet felt your baby moving by this week, make sure to stay patient since a lot of pregnant mom did not notice a first fetal movements (quickening) until 20 weeks or so.
Even though miscarriage risk is a lot lower in second trimester, you must get your doctor if you notice spotting, bleeding, or severe abdominal pain.