Congratulations that you had already made it through the first trimester, and now is the 1st day also the beginning of 2nd trimester.
Your week 13 pregnancy is also mean 3rd month long, so it is the last week of the first trimester and it is great to be here!
Around week 13 of pregnancy, a lot of parents-to-be will begin to spread news about their baby is on the way.
You can tell about your pregnancy anytime or after your next prenatal appointment, which when your belly is started showing visible, then you can totally share this great news with everyone.
The List of 13th Weeks Pregnant Symptoms:These symptoms may fluctuate on and off while you are going through the day such as without nausea (if not now, soon) or feeling tired easily with having to take a nap.
1. Visible Veins.You can see all those blue streaks beneath your skin sometime located at abdomen, breasts, hands and feet due to the reason of increasing blood flow.
But, these veins will go back to normal after you give birth.
2. Increase in Energy.During the second trimester, pregnancy will experience least symptomatic while feeling most energetic.
But, if you feel too tired and sick about going to exercise recently, then you should follow your routine of doing light fitness to ensure healthy baby and pregnant mom, also help you ease your delivery process.
3. Amplified Libido.Many pregnancies at 2nd trimester will experience an increased libido with the increased of vaginal lubrication and a hypersensitive clitoris due to extra genital blood flow.
Though, intercourse during pregnancy is usually safe, but you should consult your doctor if you have pregnancies difficulties history.
4. Slight Spotting.You may experience slight post-coital spotting, which is normal because your cervix is more sensitive.
However, if you experience heavy bleeding similar to period, consult your doctor as soon.
5. Constipation.It is common to experience constipation during pregnancy, so it's important to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber to ensure smooth and easy digestion.
6. Morning Sickness.If you are pregnant with twins, you could still be feeling some morning sickness and also fatigue due to higher level in hormone hCG in their systems.
Consult your pregnancy doctor if experience very severe nausea and vomiting.
Pregnancy Baby Growth.In this week 13th of pregnancy, your baby is now as big as the size of a lemon.
Your current fetus size has length at about 2.9 inches (7.4 cm) and weighing at about 0.81 ounces (23 grams), while the size of his or her head is currently about one-third the size of its body.
The size of your uterus and baby is growing fast and big enough out of your pelvis, thus your belly look pregnant now.
You are able to hear your baby’s heartbeat for the first time at your antenatal appointments for information about your health with doctor or midwife to make decisions about pregnancy care.
Even though you may not be feeling your baby’s movement yet, but they are actually quickening and are often described as flutters inside you.
Baby’s hands will sometime touch their mouth and they could be either yawning or breathing.
In this stage, the method of your baby’s sleeping is like a few minutes at a time, however in later stage they will begin to sleep longer routine developing.
Baby’s reproductive system is now forming such as ovaries or testes have developed inside their body and a tiny willy of baby boy is now forming too.
How Much Food To Consume Daily in Week 13th?You may be thinking you must have to consume for two, but you don't need to eat twice as much food.
The GUIDELINE of Pregnancy Weight Gain Defined By The Obstetricians.
For pregnant women who’re underweight with Body Mass Index, BMI lower than 18.5 was.• Recommended total pregnancy (9 months) weight gain is 28 to 40 pounds (13 to 18 kg).
• So, in these 2nd and 3rd trimesters, be sure to aim for gaining weight at approximately one pound (0.45 kg) each week.
For pregnant women who’re weighing at average with BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 was.• Recommended total pregnancy (9 months) weight gain is 25 to 35 pounds (11.3 to 16 kg).
• So, in these 2nd and 3rd trimesters, be sure to aim for gaining weight at one pound or lesser at (0.8 to 1 pound or 0.36 to 0.45 kg) each week.
For pregnant women who’re overweight with BMI of 25 to 29.9 was.• Recommended total pregnancy (9 months) weight gain is 15 to 25 pounds (6.8 to 11.3 kg).
• So, in these 2nd and 3rd trimesters, be sure to aim for gaining weight at 0.5 to 0.7 pounds (0.23 to 0.32 kg) each week.
For pregnant women who’re obese with BMI of 30 and above was.• Recommended total pregnancy (9 months) weight gain is 11 to 20 pounds (5 to 9.1 kg).
• So, in these 2nd and 3rd trimesters, be sure to gain about half pound (0.4 to 0.6 pounds to be exact) per week.
For Pregnant Women Having Twins At 13th Week was.• Your suggested healthy weight gain is 37 to 54 pounds (16.8 kg to 24kg).
• The first half of pregnancy, your goal is to gain about one pound (0.45 kg) each week. While the 2nd half, focus gaining more than one pound each week.
Definitely, you don’t need to be too strict about these numbers, because the most important thing is that you are eating about 300 extra nutritious calories more than before pregnancy from healthy variety foods each day with routine exercises.
You should also skip from those junk foods and always choose for healthy pregnancy snack or superfoods too.
During pregnancy, you are recommended to drink 10 glass of 8-ounce of plain water each day especially during the warm-hot weather condition.
Also don’t forget to consume foods containing nutrients of protein, iron, and calcium and prenatal vitamins that your body needs in order to stay healthy and promote baby's healthy development.